It’s February…and I am FREEZING!!! The cold is starting to get to me. I can handle the chilly air, but the icy wind seems to cut right through me, despite my many layers. My face hurts, my lips are perpetually cracked, and my feet just can’t get warm. My solution is simple …revisiting some of my favorite tropical moments. If I can soak up the heat from these warm memories, maybe I can survive yet another month of this blustering winter.
My Top Ten Traveling Tropical Moments
10. Exuma, Bahamas (Four Seasons Resort: Great Exuma at Emerald Bay)- Playing frisbee on the beach with most of the crew, Charles’ cousins, Charles and a random dog was a blast. A true beach experience with no worries, a game, laughter and the sand. Good times.
9. Lido, Italy (The Westin Excelsior Lido Hotel in Venice)- Laying on the beach and by the pool at this beautiful Venetian property was so relaxing. The adventurous boat trips and decadent food keeps this memory at the top.
8. St. Bart’s (Hotel Guanahani and Spa)-Laying in a hammock in the shade and reading a book, while Charles took a nap, introduced me to a life that I would like to have for myself. Four hours later, I was white-knuckled and grinning from ear to ear, as I went jet-skiing in the ocean. Exhilarating.
7. Santa Monica (Shutters on the Beach)- I love being in Los Angeles, but one moment I cherish is running along the Santa Monica bike path pushing a sleeping boy in a jogging stroller. The sun was hot and my legs wanted to run hard.
6. Antigua (Jumby Bay: A Rosewood Resort)- A moment that I can easily retreat to is laying on the beach on my day off. The sun was so warm on my skin and the sea was so refreshing. I finished my book and sipped a margarita….paradise.
5. Seychelles (Banyan Tree)- This Garden of Eden was topped off by a once in a lifetime experience of island hopping by helicopter. From about 100 feet up, I spotted two whale sharks in the water below…simply mind-blowing.
4. Maui, Hawaii (Hale Kamaole Condominiums)- My family’s idea of a vacation is a tent, a campfire and a blow-up mattress, so sharing in my uncle’s wedding in Maui with my entire family was spectacular. The wedding and family celebration is one of my happiest memories.
3. Corfu, Greece (Sunrock Backpackers Resort)- Taking a two-week siesta from backpacking through Europe with my friend, Barbie was true paradise. We discovered the mecca of relaxation at Sunrock and spent most of the time in a swimsuit and sarong. Playing football on the beach during the day and then indulging in the homemade moussaka at night was our slice of heaven.
2. Playa del Carmen, Mexico (Esencia)- This Mexican paradise was hard to leave! We worked long hours here, but laughed often, played hard, ate VERY well, received beautiful tans, and slept like champs.
1. Parrot Cay- Turks and Caicos (Como Hotel and Resorts)- EVERY moment spent here was AMAZING! The powder-soft white sand, crystal clear water, sunset yoga, our villa with a plunge pool, phenomenal fresh seafood, and the beautiful grounds, but above all, Jeff’s and my spa indulgence at the Shambhala spa overlooking the wetlands at sunset was one of the most romantic moments of our lives.