Where did 2010 go? The holidays snuck up on me and then left as quickly as they came. Hello 2011.
Here’s a quick recap since I blogged last:
- Stayed at Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica in mid-November for work. Biked along the pier, held travel school in the morning, made what Charles called ‘mud-pies’ out of sand, ate at my favorite restaurant on the planet, Capo, AND hugged and visited with my family.
- Flew to Miami and stayed at the Setai Towers in a room that was easily 3 times the size of my NYC apartment.
- Then, headed to St. Maartin/St. Barths for 10 days of work. Charles picked up a nasty case of bronchitis, which forced us to get quite creative at the beautiful, but small Le Sereno Hotel. Poor little guy had to avoid the water until the very last day which was spent making up for lost time. Crazy fun, but unbelievably exhausting! My food highlight was sharing our Thanksgiving meal at Maya’s Restaurant–turkey and all the fixings. Yum!
- Jeff and I spent the Christmas holiday at the Lake Placid Lodge. An absolute perfect snowy, romantic location that was all about us, amazing food and a fireplace.
- We welcomed the New Year in our home in NYC.
- Just got back from Santa Monica for the Globes, where we stayed at Casa Del Mar again. Biked in 80 degree heat (while it was snowing in New York), Charles tried out his new Razor scooter that shoots out sparks when he brakes, visited the Getty Villa and ate at Capo twice!